Building Maintenance Issues

If you have a building maintenance problem, please contact one of the following in the order listed, either by phone, email, personal contact, or a written note:

  • Chris Moroney (email is the preferred method using
  • Facility Services Tech Steve Portillo (email is the preferred method using
  • Physical Plant dispatchers:
    • Lock items 7-1062
    • After hours or on weekends call the Campus Police at 277-2241 and they will contact the Emergency PPD Supervisor

If you cannot reach Chris or Steve, and have to call any of numbers above, please notify Chris or Steve that you have called in a problem, so that they can follow up and make sure the repair gets completed.

How to Report When Something is Broken

If you have any malfunctioning equipment of any kind, (phones, water, lighting, desk drawers, doors, windows, or anything else) please notify either Steve (505) 269-4472 or Chris (505) 803-3181. If we don't know it's broken, we cannot get it fixed.

If you report any malfunctioning item to anyone other than Chris Moroney, please send Chris an e-mail so that he can follow up on it and verify that action has been, or will be, taken to make the repairs. In the e-mail let him know what you reported, when you reported it, who you reported it to, and what you were told.

Locks and Keys

Who to call:

  • Locks, keys sticking or hard to operate? Call Steve or Chris
  • Locks, key broken off PPD Lock Shop 7-1062

If your key is broken and you do not have both pieces of the key you will be fined a $25.00 lost key fee.

Be sure you wait for the lock shop to come and extract your broken off piece so they can return it to you, or that they have your name to apply credit for the piece to you. Notify Chris, also, as sometimes he can extract your broken piece from the lock if it hasn't been pushed into the lock by someone else's attempt to use their key.

If Chris is not available, and Steve cannot help you, call the PPD Lock Shop 7-1062 and then send Chris an e-mail that you have done so. Include the information from the section above, so that he can follow up upon his return.

Other Building Issues

For all other building and grounds maintenance and custodial services, contact Chris and he will forward your job to PPD and will follow up on it as best as he can to see that it gets completed. If you do not see any attempts or progress toward completion within a day or two, please notify Chris so he can follow up on the job.