Lodging and Ground Transportation
Getting around LSU Campus
- LSU BUS SYSTEM
The LSU Tiger Trails Transit System is a safe, convenient, and free bus service for LSU visitors. Day service is provided Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 5:35 p.m. The PURPLE TRAIL will run from the Cook Hotel area [STOP 9] to the Digital Media Center [STOP 6], and it also makes a loop around campus every 10 minutes. A Night Bus (A or C) service also runs on 20/25 minute intervals with an altered route.
- Local Map -- LSU and Surround (Google Map)
The Cook Hotel is within walking distance of the LSU Digital Media Center (conference venue).
Accommodations are not included in the conference fees.
As of January 31, 2017 the Cook Hotel has reported it has booked all available rooms.
The Baton Rouge Metropolitan Airport (BTR) and the Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport (MSY) service the Baton Rouge area.
Baton Rouge Transport Service
- Yellow Cab of Baton Rouge may be reached at (225) 926-6400 or booked in advance at www.brtaxi.com
- Uber Baton Rouge
- Promo Code: SQuInT2017
- Good for: $15 off your ride with Uber (NEW USERS ONLY)
- Expires on 03/29/2017
- Sign up at get.uber.com/go/squint2017
- Lyft is now available for transportation in Baton Rouge
SQuInT Chief Organizer
Akimasa Miyake, Assistant Professor
Mark M. Wilde, Assistant Professor LSU
SQuInT Event Coordinator
Karen Jones, LSU
Ivan Deutsch, Regents' Professor